Sunday, January 3, 2010

Alternative to salon french nails?

I've had salon nails only once, and absolutely adored them. However, it's difficult to perform daily tasks with them (and not the mention, costly).





I would like to know what you perceive as the best ';fake-nail'; kit sold at drug stores. I've been looking into Kiss French Nails but refuse to buy them unless I know that they're any good.





Please reply only if you've actually used the nail kits. Thank you!Alternative to salon french nails?
I believe the name of the one I used was:





Sally Hansen Hard As Nails: Sheer Romance 3415 French Manicure, 3 ct





Either way it was by Sally Hansen, it was really easy to do, and I received a lot of compliments..





It is not a press on, by any means and you don't need to use any glue, which is great! You use your natural nails. (Even if they are short %26amp; neat)





The Sally Hansen french manicure kit can be bought @ walmart, and comes with 3 nail polishes (colors: white, pink, and final gloss coat) and nail shape stickers to use as a guide paint your tips. I only used the white nail polish (for my tips), and the gloss to finish off my manicure. I didn't end up using the pink fleshy tone for my base as I felt it didn't accurately matched my skin tone. It still worked great, looked very natural %26amp; it felt great, because I didn't have to feel awkward grabbing things or picking things up. Also, because you are solely using nail polish, it comes off easily with nail polish remover, plus they give you 20 nail shape sticker guides, so you can re-due them over more than once to keep them nice.Alternative to salon french nails?
I have used the Kiss French Nails


quite a few times


(probably about 10)


and i like them


the only problem


is that you have to file them to the size you like


and they are usually pretty long


so its very time consuming


also they flip off sometimes


but its nice that you can just re-glue


i think they are good


but dont look as nice as they do at salons


and thye dont stay on as long either


but for a store bought kit


i really do like them


though they can be kind of hard to take off


they have a nail removal kit


but i have never used it


because i just soak my nail


in full acetone
their all equally bad and super-fake looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment