Sunday, January 3, 2010

How do I keep my french acrylic nails that I got done at the salon, from looking bad?

I got my nails done a week ago, and I usually wait 3 weeks before getting them filled. The edges around the bottom always look tacky beacause they lift up and I was wondering if there was some way I could make them look better.How do I keep my french acrylic nails that I got done at the salon, from looking bad?
you can file the bottom gunk off, and then paint them with clear nail polish.How do I keep my french acrylic nails that I got done at the salon, from looking bad?
get them done every 2 weeks
They have over the counter supplies that you can get at any pharmacy. If they are popping up, they weren't applied correctly. You can use an itty bitty bit of superglue to re adhere them. If they already need to be filled in, purchase the powder and fill them in. DO NOT use Acetone nail polish remover to take off the polish. It makes the superglue come apart. You MUST use NON ACETONE nail polish remover.
Stay away from washing dishes , unless you wear gloves ! Alcohol is a sure killer !
if you want your nails to look nice at all times you need to make an appointment every two wks. i would not even mess with them it makes matters worse.
You have to be super careful with Acrylics when they start to separate from the nail. This causes water to get in between the nail and the acrylic and will cause a fungal infection. Luckily this fungus is very easy to see b/c it will look like dirt or green stuff under your nail.Mine sometimes separate at the top if I wait too long for a fill but if they are separating from the bottom you need to talk to your nail tech about using stronger glue or letting the acrylic set longer or something.


If your nail tech doesn't take this seriously I would find another b/c if you ever wear color you might not notice a fungus and they can get so bad that you would lose your nail, unlikely since you see someone every three weeks but still something to think about.





Some people's nails grow faster than others and you may just be one of those people that has to go more often.
First, quit getting acrylic. They lift to easily. Get gel. Don't wait three weeks, go every two. Also, try not to get them too long, that makes them lift faster. Try not to wash dishes too much without using gloves, and type too much!
  • pimple cure
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment